Say hello to these Stuffed Baked Potatoes with Mushroom and Spinach! Drizzled with a lush quick and easy vegan gravy. Certainly, this baked potato recipe is as cozy as they come. Made by pan-frying mushroom and spinach in almond butter and balsamic, and stuffing into a steaming baked potato.
It’s a flavour-rich dish that’s simple to create, and scrumptious! No doubt, it’s the perfect recipe to warm you during the cold winter months.. And with Thanksgiving/holidays around the corner, it certainly makes a stellar side dish.
So, find out how you can make these stuffed baked potatoes pronto!
Baked Potatoes with Mushroom and Spinach
The ingredients for making these baked potatoes is simple and straight forward. You’ll need:
- coconut oil
- almond butter
- balsamic vinegar
- lemon juice
And while the ingredients are minimal, there is no compromise on flavour. From mushrooms to garlic, almond butter and balsamic. The ingredients combined are cozy and comforting. There’s certainly nothing boring about these stuffed potatoes.
Watch the latest video
For the vegan gravy
Although not necessary, I find my quick and easy vegan gravy takes this dish to next level cozy. Certainly, this vegan gravy is flavour-rich, with all the umami we’re looking for in a stellar sauce. It’s perfect for drizzling on these potatoes, to add more richness and texture to the dish.
And with only 7-ingredients it’s quick to whip together. Enjoy this quick and easy vegan gravy alongside your favourite comforting winter dishes. We especially love to make it around the holidays, like Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Try on top of these baked potatoes with spinach and mushroom, or on my festive vegan falafels. (Recipe coming soon)
A few tips for these Mushroom and Spinach Baked Potatoes
It’s best to start this recipe by cooking your potatoes first, as they will take the longest. You’ll want to poke little holes around the potato using a fork, as this will help the heat to escape while baking. Wrap in tin foil and bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes at 425F/215C, or until you can easily poke through the potatoes with a toothpick.
While you’re waiting for the baked potatoes, you can prepare the mushroom and spinach filling and gravy. These can both be left on the stove top to warm until the potatoes are ready.
Mushroom and Spinach Filling
Stuffing your Baked Potatoes
Other recipes you might like:
If you’re digging these Baked Potatoes with Mushroom and Spinach, with Vegan Gravy to drizzle. You might also like these potato side dishes:
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with White Bean and Guacamole
- Cheesy Vegan Hasselback Potato Gratin
- Garlicky Smashed Potatoes with Harissa Yogurt
And there we have it, a simple stuffed baked potato that’s perfect as a stand alone main, or an impressive side-dish! Certainly, these baked potatoes with mushroom and spinach are cozy, comforting and full of flavour. I’ll be making them this weekend for Canadian Thanksgiving, paired my quick and easy vegan gravy, as a decadent side-dish
And, if you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I love hearing from you. And of course, tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #twospoons. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
Baked Potatoes with Spinach and Mushroom and Vegan Gravy
- 4 russet potatoes 200g each
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 4 cups cremini mushrooms , chopped
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cups baby spinach (approx. 2 handfuls)
- vegan gravy , to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 425F/215C. Poke holes around each potato using a fork (this will help the heat to escape while baking). Wrap each in tin foil and bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until you can easily poke through the cooked potatoes with a toothpick.
- In a skillet add coconut oil, garlic, cremini mushrooms and pinch salt. Cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes. Whisk together almond butter, balsamic and lemon juice and pour over veg. Continue cooking until mushrooms are browned and ready to eat, then toss in baby spinach and cook until wilted (2-3 minutes).
- Slice open baked potatoes and fill with mushroom and spinach medley. Drizzle with Quick and Easy Vegan Gravy. (See notes for gravy recipe)