Hiya everyone! Today I’m sharing this lush and creamy Chocolate Oatmeal bowl! Or, as some of you may call it, Chocolate Porridge!
This Chocolate Oatmeal is like having dessert for breakfast! It’s rich and creamy, warm, and decadent. My chocolate lovers out there are going to love it.
In a nutshell I’ve made this oatmeal with oats and chia, simmered in oat milk with cocoa powder and coconut sugar. Then topped with fresh blueberries, a dollop of creamy peanut butter and chocolate chips. Are you drooling yet?
The recipe is simple yet decadent. What I love about this bowl, however, is not only the flavours. It’s thrown together effortlessly for an indulgent breakfast bowl. All-in-all this bowl will take less than 10 minutes of your time for an unforgettable feast.
As for the oats, I’ve used gluten-free large flake oats. They are quick to cook for a fast and easy breakfast. I’ve also tossed in some chia to thicken the oatmeal. It binds to the oats to give a perfect porridge consistency, and packs in a little extra protein and fibre – which you all know I’m a fan of.
The spoonful of peanut butter to top is essential. No oatmeal bowl should go without. Plus, is there any more lush a combo than chocolate and peanut butter? To finish, I’ve sprinkled this chocolate oatmeal with fresh blueberries and chocolate chips. Suffice to say you’re looking at a glorious oatmeal bowl to wow your loved ones. Which is exactly what this chocolate oatmeal delivered when I served it to my hubby. (It certainly earned the husband stamp of approval).
And that’s all there is to making this premium chocolate oatmeal bowl. It’s an easy vegan breakfast that you can make any day of the week for a quick and decadent bowl. Now, go ahead and tuck into this beautiful oatmeal breakfast. I won’t keep you waiting any longer.
And, if you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I love hearing from you. And of course, tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #twospoons. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
Chocolate Oatmeal (Porridge)
- 1 cup gluten-free large flake oats
- 2 cups oat milk, plus more if desired (or other plant-based milk)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tsp all-natural peanut butter, smooth
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tsp dark chocolate chips
- In a saucepan combine oats, oat milk, cocoa powder, chia seeds and coconut sugar. Whisk to combine and bring to a simmer. Let oats simmer for about 5 minutes, or until oats are porridge consistency. Optional to add splashes more milk if desired for consistency.
- Divide chocolate oatmeal between two bowls and top each with 1 tsp peanut butter, 1/4 cup blueberries, and 1 tsp dark chocolate chips.