Gingerbread Latte anyone? With just two days away from Christmas we’ve got our Christmas menu in check, our holiday spice cake ready made, and gingerbread cookies coming out of our ears. So now it’s time for some quick and easy festive recipes to keep the good vibes flowing, without any effort.
That’s why I love these lattes! Gingerbread lattes are a sweet, warm and spiced drink that you can enjoy during all the Christmas festivities. Take a sip as you settle into your favourite Christmas movie, or sitting by the fire with friends, or take it to go for that Santa Clause parade with the kids.
Another reason to make these gingerbread lattes? They are super simple to make! I’ve made these gingerbread lattes by simmering coffee and almond milk in a saucepan with ground ginger, cinnamon, and maca powder (optional). Then I’ve added a little bit of coconut oil (some fat to round out the flavours) and honey to sweeten. The result is a warm, cozy, and festive spiced drink sip and savour.
I’m sure your loved ones will be very grateful for this little Christmas in a cup. Not to mention, it’s certain to title you the holiday Martha Stewart of 2018. Because why offer a regular cup of jo when you can have a festive version up your sleeve? They’re sure to merit a few oooh, aahhhs and mmmms. And what better way to enjoy than paired with a festive cookie or cake.
I hope you try out this quick and simple holiday drink as we approach the the day. And, if you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I love hearing from you. And of course, tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #twospoons. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
- 2 cups (480 ml) coffee
- 1 cup (240 ml) homemade almond milk (or store bought milk of choice)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) honey, plus more to taste (you can also use agave)
- more almond milk if desired (I like to froth, and top the lattes with it)
- In a saucepan simmer coffee and almond milk. Add ground ginger, cinnamon, maca powder (optional), coconut oil and honey. Pour into two glasses an serve. Optional to pour in more almond milk (frothed) if desired.